Saturday, January 16, 2010

old folks home 病老院 visit @ 16th Jan 2010

Today I've accompanied my parents to this sort of Old Folk's home (病老院) for the senior citizens. My dad went to give some donations, while waiting I noticed this little sign board who keeps track of the total old folks living here.

I noticed that among the 3 races, Chinese old folks seems to be the primary people staying here while Malay and Indian consists of a very small portion. I'm not sure if this particular place only houses Chinese old folks or not, BUT if it's not then it's a sad case...

Why did I say so? Seems that a lot of Chinese abandoned their sick, old folks at this place more than any other race. Chinese in this country particularly, strived very hard in their work place for all sorts of stuff. Position, high salary, sense of achievements, you name it. Bigger cars, bigger houses, gadgets, etc. But all those eventually while chasing those, they have forgotten bout their parents... money is important, but there are something money can't buy... i'm just hoping that all of us won't leave our parents behind when they're old and unable to perform their daily routines.. that is when they need us the most.

Isn't it funny that parents are able to bring up a lot of kids, but when they're old none of their kids are able to take care of them willingly? I've seen a lot happened these past few years which made me realized to treasure my folks even more... time does not wait.. spend more time with them whenever you can. For the meantime, i need to fix my temper problem... =_= EQ EQ and more EQ this year...

1 comment:

Royston Goh said...

what I can say is... you have to accept this is the fact in this world. when my grandma attacked by stroke last 2 years, someone voiced out the old-folks home suggestion and without 2nd thought, I ignored it but rather take care of her day by day. She just left 1 week ago, at least I feel good coz finally she doesn't need to suffer anymore.

I understand your point, but I also realize that not many of us can/will treat good to their parents. As long as, I am doing it right, I don't bother how others do.

Parents are someone so unique to me, when I am with them, no such thing as right or wrong, only love. When they are wrong, I love them and I will never ever scold or shout/louder-voice to them, never! I may be blind, leave those right/wrong thingy aside, but I feel so good when they are with me. They may be old, weak, slow, but without them, I won't be here fully grown and educated.

kindly click the tiny ad to support me~ thanx~