Monday, August 02, 2010

My art - Leaf o Droplet - for my grandpa

Woke up this morning to hear the news from my mum that my grandpa passed away. Painted this halfway and decided to complete it tonight.

There's nothing which I can relate him to this painting... but just something to dedicate to him and for me to remember him here, in cyberspace. I hardly really know him in depth as he lived in mainland and the only time I ever go there is during every Chinese New Year where I see him once for a few hours. He would eat lunch, then went back to his couch to rest and watch TV show on the tiny CRT TV.

He still looked okay on last February but his hands were noticeably shaking when he held the spoon to feed himself. hmmmm... I received the ang pow (red packet) from him... but never would have thought it would be the last time I see him standing. The rest of the time during these few months... he was laid on the hospital bed, gasping desperately for air through his mouth which was almost entirely sealed with his saliva. It was heart breaking to see him like that. Saw the sign on the back of his bed says... 79 yrs old. hmmmm, guess that qualifies to be old. He looked old, and tired. Perhaps this was the best way for him... each of us, relatives.. took turn to visit him. I went trice with mum. So I guess this is it...

May he rest in peace.

Good bye grandpa, we'll miss you always. :'(

2 comments:

yuki tenshi said...

my condolences to u and ur family...
may ur grandpa rest in peace..

Kit Keat Bar said...

thank you~

kindly click the tiny ad to support me~ thanx~