Sunday, March 27, 2011

27th Mar 2011 - Penang for Japan Disaster Relief Charity

Earth quake and tsunami hit Japan just 6 days shortly after I depart from Japan from biz trip at 11th Mar 2011.

Devastation everywhere, damage by earthquake perhaps was minimal as Japanese are generally prepared for it. Tsunami basically wiped out the entire prefecture of Sendai not to mention causes trouble at the nuclear power plant.

Helped poured in from all around the world shortly, donations, rescue work, evacuation you name it.

Penang has this charity event which are held today to raise fund for the cause as well and it's a 1 day event. Seeing how my mum likes Japanese stuff, I brought her there.

There were lots of people at the event probably cos it's a one day event only and today was Sunday itself.

Not too may Japanese items for sale though there were some, generally everyone turned up for the event and the whole place was just full of life.


Casual kimono try outs for RM10 for photo session, too bad mum didn't want to try. If I were here, I'd give it a shot :)


Reading the letter from the organizer, touching.. just realized that the event was 100% donation event, self funded by kind volunteers, kudos!

Today's afternoon skies were particularly bright and blue, can't help myself but shot and stitched up a panorama for my collection :)

To the people of Japan, my condolence to you, your family and your people. Do not be afraid as the world is watching and help is coming from every corner. You will recover though not easy, and you will stand even stronger than before, there are hopes, do not give up, we will pray for you. I have seen parts of your country and the place and people are amazingly wonderful, I will return one day in the future to other parts of the country... :) thanks for the hospitality!

See you, land of the rising sun!

P/S: click on each art for a large version. If you like this, please click on the advertisement on the right side below under [Please Click Me] & [Pls click n show support~] to follow this blog. Thanks!

No comments:

kindly click the tiny ad to support me~ thanx~