Sunday, October 16, 2011

Wacom Bamboo Stylus

Finally after a long run, I managed to locate this thing at local Apple re-seller. It was a surprise as I didn't think it would be there. this thing was sold out at their website when it was first launched.


The package was quite neat. Plain white box, the plastic container housing the stylus firmly grasp it waiting for you to take it out. 2 more pamphlet containing some information on how actually twist the top cap and remove it and thus having the option to remove the pen clip off the pen. some people might actually prefer this but I'll leave it as it is for now.

The pen feels solid, I think it's made out of some aluminium or steel materials. there's a considerable amount of weight on it and the texture on the grip feels nice. The tip of the stylus was claimed by Wacom to be one of the thinnest among the stylus that's available on the market today. Having bought 2 styluses before, I can attest to this.

The tip itself is soft rubber similar to other stylus I have been using.

Immediately launched Wacom's Bamboo Paper app which suppose to act like a real notebook for you to jot down some notes or do quick sketches. Overall it feels quite nice and natural, much like writing on a real notebook and a pen itself. Excuse my hand writing here... haha.

The main disadvantage is still there, being a capacitive screen has its disadvantage as well. It senses our touch from skin. Meaning, you have to lift your palm away from the screen when you draw/write. It will register as a touching point and will screw up the pen's recognition as well.

I'm thinking of getting some sort of glove which i can put in and insulate my palm from the screen so that it can rest there. :)

Until then, more tests to come from this baby. =)

Hope it's worth it...

No comments:

kindly click the tiny ad to support me~ thanx~