Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Hatyai trip 2013

Well, had a short but fun trip out of Malaysia to nearby country - Thailand and more specific, Hatyai. First time for me although a lot of people around me visited this place before.

Prior to going, I also asked around what to expect from this trip, well from what I've heard, it's mainly for shopping, goods are cheaper there. I didn't bring a lot of Thai Baht there, only about 3000 BHT, had to share with my friend as he didn't bring any and I thought it would be enough, well technically speaking it was really enough, I've underspend there. haha... main purpose is to experience and sight seeing, not to buy stuff.

Let me guide you through with these photos

* Please click on photos for larger version

lining up to pass custom checks
filling up our departure card, first sign of Thai language

hehe, RM1

entering Thailand officially, we can see that the road are very straight

roaming on with AIS

entering Hat Yai, well still very far off from this sign

our first stop by the road, visited this temple




the mailbox made of metal



they put the banana on the tusk of the elephant statue in front of the temple, we don't have the practice here

hate to be the cable technician here... look at that thing

the Chang beer spoke person

reached this seemingly Thai restaurant that offers very nice food,  had Tom Yam soup with rice and some other delicious side dishes

an old lady selling scratch cards

his head barely touches the roof of this tut tut but I had to bend my neck down


vertical panoramic view of the sleeping buddha statue, not many people were here though

then we're off to Lee's garden mall for some air conditioning and shopping


same color =D

don't be fooled, this rice patty burger is very nice. only in 7-eleven,  I ended up buying 1 pack back for my folks

I think this lady was selling ice popsicle

who wants some fried insects? certainly not me,  eeewww

you can see further there where the boat are parked by the river side, the famous locale - floating river market, this was definitely the highlight of the whole Hatyai trip for me


floating market, they sell all sorts of food here, a whole long stretch

drinks in fancy cup, I think you get to keep the cup but knowing how Thai people prepare their drinks, it was very sweet so I didn't bother to buy, I drank my own plain water but 

I didn't try these... 


absolutely fantastic! the small version of egg, I forgot the name but it was so tasty, and utterly cheap too! 20Baht only!

another favorite, omelette, yummy.. didn't take another round to avoid cholesterol building up

if it's too far, they would use this shovel and exchange the food and money with the customers 
the omelette

NES game cat ridge, can't believe they still sell these today


the movies posters in Hatyai from what I've seen so far are hand painted, not the usual 3D rendered poster that we're accustomed to, for these logos, if they could be reused then they will be placed separately











the long corridors full of shops selling shirts, bags, shoes, etc. the side of the wall of display houses a small compartment where they can keep remaining stocks



 or even put some television and maybe a sleeping quarter too?






yummy rice patty burger from 7-eleven

forgot the name of this scooter but the signature headlight are the main attraction for me, I've seen a lot of different designs, there's hello kitty one if you want to know... seems to be a hit among the Thais
Nice experience, next time I go to Thailand, I will visit Bangkok :)

No comments:

kindly click the tiny ad to support me~ thanx~