Saturday, May 17, 2008

Farewell Dinner - Aji Noren

Aji Noren - Entrance

Yesterday night WH organized a little farewell dinner for 3 of our colleagues who will be leaving us very soon in the coming weeks. Stev, ah Teng and 'Leng Ong' - aka Cold King.

Went to Japanese restaurant - Aji Noren in Prima Tanjung at Tanjung Tokong. Never been to this restaurant b4 but 2 ppl from the gang tasted the food already and recommended it.

Various lanterns decorated the restaurant like this ball shaped 'lantern'

Upon entering the restaurant, can sense the heavy Japanese themed atmosphere all over.
Some of the 'lanterns' on top of the restaurant

From the wooden planks covering sections of each tables, to the cloths that separate those sections complemented by dim lighting from various shapes of lanterns. I dun think these tied to any Japanese culture but it adds the extra ambiance to the atmosphere.

Cramped - notice the small rod between the table's stand, blocking and preventing my legs from reaching inside

As I was moving over to my seat, I've noticed that they placed the table on top of the wooden plank floor and there were little to no room for you to extend your legs inside the gap of the table. I have to shift to the middle part of the table so that I could extend my legs outside of the table towards the left and right part. A very inconvenient seating experience for me. Throughout the meal I have to reposition my seating post so that my legs did not get cramped.

There were like 10 of us so we occupied 2 sections with 2 tables and seats merged together and the cloth which separates them folded upwards.

Menu - Kanji style with English spelling and description

Went through the menu, meals titled in Japanese Kanji which I couldn't read so went for the description which was written in English.

Portion of my order - Unagi, white rice, miso soup, vege, out of picture was watermelon slices (not enough space to put all those food)

I ordered Salmon Sashimi with Unagi. Each set has white rice, pickles, vege, miso soup and desert (watermelon slices). RM32 for that meal, Unagi was delicious.

Ah ha! the star of my order - presenting Salmon Sashimi!

Salmon Sashimi came in a slice of 4. Not bad, dipped it in wasabi and munch away! Yumm Yumm Yumm~


Our gang busy locating seats and going through menu

We joked around and took some photos. Sadly I have to snap the scenery with my 2mega pixel phone camera with no auto focus or flash to speak of. Well, my next target will be a standalone camera and promise to deliver better photos onto this blog next time round, stick around!

Overall, price is alright for the food served and atmosphere is quite nice if you dun mind the seats you can opt for a more comfortable 'normal' seating at the front portion of the restaurant.

Some how saw this turtle been placed inside a pot beside the walkaway, took out my phone and snap it. It was kind enough to stare into my lens for quite long enough for my slow shutter to snap it! thanks mr. Turtle... and sorry you have to live there... kinda..er.. torturing.

Great nite and sadly it's for farewell for our frens! Good luck and all the best guys! nice having you guys around thus far... 加油!and all the best! oyasumi nasai! おやすみ なさい!

No comments:

kindly click the tiny ad to support me~ thanx~