Saturday, November 29, 2008

ASIMO at Queensbay Mall - Nov 2008

ASIMO stands for Advanced Step in Innovative MObility. When I first hear this name a few years ago, I knew its a creation of Japanese. Probably cos of the SI and the MO sound. :p

ASIMO is on a roadshow here in Penang's Queensbay mall and me and the usual gang of friends went to witness it.
Reached there quite early in the morning as we're suppose to go shoot sunset nearby but failed cos its cloudy and it drizzled.

There's quite a crowd gathered around the stage and also around the center court area 2, 3 levels above as well. Most of them were children accompanied by their parents. We're not children, at least I know my main purpose is here to 'shoot' ASIMO with my D60.


ASIMO was being introduced by the host and later on received and performed some moves as instructed by the host. This includes, walk, run, run faster (6km/h), kicks a ball, carry water cup in a tray, dance to the crowd, balance on 1 leg.

I must say that ASIMO's motion is surprisingly smooth, not those jerky transition movement you would expect from some real life robot, absolutely no pause when he's making a turn when walking. I am impressed!

Some of us were given a paper mockup project to assemble ASIMO and the lucky 5 'family' will get a chance to shoot photo alongside with ASIMO!

We failed miserably but with Shang Yih's help, we got in to join one of his friend who happened to win! yay! we are family~, hahahahhahaha.. I handed them my camera cos we're not allowed to take the photos ourselves.

Some of us managed to buy some gifts from the merchandise booth next to the stage. Overall a fun experience.


Honda, truely meant 'the power of dreams!' when they created this robot! way to go! May your dreams take you further!

1 comment:

yuki tenshi said...

I WANT DA KEY CHAIN!!!!
ROAR!!!

kindly click the tiny ad to support me~ thanx~