Saturday, November 08, 2008

kupu-kupu vs rama-rama

I remember this question was raised when Calvin, me and the gang went for macro shooting a few weeks back. I saw a .. i really couldn't remember which one is it.. then I shouted for Calvin, hey.. there's a kupu kupu here. Then he was like... "what is a kupu-kupu?" :S "I tot they're the same?" said Calvin.... lol.. "if my BM language served me correctly, they aren't" I said.

Then a few days ago I asked some of our colleagues at the office:-

Mandy: kupu-kupu stays at people's house one, rama-rama is outside....
CW : dun ask me... my BM is not that good...
Doris: kupu-kupu is ugly, rama-rama is prettier...

a lot more funny funny answers i couldn't remember...
some say one is bigger.. another one is smaller.... prettier..mostly cosmetic.
well, short answer and direct translation would be.. kupu-kupu is moth while rama-rama is butterfly.

simple? hahahahahhaa... funny funny question. ;)

5 comments:

Shang Yih said...

hehe you should take some photos on these 2 to show here mah ... =p

Kit Keat Bar said...

i think all of us know what kupu-kupu or moth is like..and butterfly or rama-rama looks like... :p

yuki tenshi said...

thr r actually pretty kupu-kupu too... used to hunt both species for my biology project... google n u'll c... u'll be amazed... blek..

Anonymous said...

i believe we cannot determine kupu-kupu and rama-rama by their beauty as there are beautiful and colorful moths as well. Bottom line, lets go scientific to get the actual difference :P

Kit Keat Bar said...

people... i didn't say the difference was which one is pretty which one is not... LOL... but i get your point... hehehehe

kindly click the tiny ad to support me~ thanx~