Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Penang Bridge Run 08

Went to the Penang Bridge Run on 17th Nov 2008 with my fren. This was one of the more exhausting excercise I've ever did in recent years...

My previous participation was 7 years ago.. wow. time flies! I have some extra 'challenge' on the day of the event partly becos :-

1) I slept for 3 hours only prior to the run, registration time ends at 4:15am, I slept at 12am after I fetch my mum back

2) I brought my DLSR with me (naturally) hehehehe...

3) I found out that I left my sport shoes at work and I wore sandals.... zzz =_=!!!

Its a very very very exhausting and tiring race... I'm still plastering myself with medical pain relief pads all over my body... haih...

There was a lot of people that turned out for the event.. a much much much larger crowd, all my other frens joined fun run (in orange shirt).

Well, I joined half run.. (25km) but only managed to finished it in 4 hours (3.5 hours was the maximum given time)....uuuhh..

I am soooooooooooo glad when I see this sign


so when I reached the finishing line.. I found out that there were no medals.. (no surprise here).. but no cert of participation as well!!.. what the ?!??!.. uuuhh

Its not mine...

Yeah... my consolation prize was 1 can of 100Plus and its not even chilled



I must admit, riding in one of this was really tempting at certain times when my legs were cramping on the bridge

Participant reaching for refreshment

But at least I've got these... heheheheheheh...

I think I managed to snap some of my favourite shots here... so no regrets for me for carrying the camera and bag along... hope you guys like it!

peace... :)

5 comments:

shirlene said...

hej the run was a little stressful for me too. but it paid off when i met lim guan eng in the flesh. bet my old 10km time. :D

u didnt get pictures on the clown on stilts and other clown..cryng out "bo lat liao".

yuki tenshi said...

police cars were rnd the finishing area rnd 11pm dat nite... trying to clear all d cars parking at d side using the car's loud speakers... was very luan..zzz

den rnd 2am++... i saw some ppl thr liao... went 2 bed at 3am++... quite a crowd liao... woke up after it all ended thou... =P

Shang Yih said...

When I saw the crowd in the beginning of the run, is like WOW! The road is filled with orangie people ... hehe
But then at the end of the ceremony, then is like SH*T! Shame on our human, leaving all the rubbish scattered around the QB concourse area. Trash cans are just around the corner mah, why can't the human just throw it inside? Ai ... speechless ... ^o^

yuki tenshi said...

Welcome to Malaysia!!~

Kit Keat Bar said...

LOL...yes.. that's exactly the point... welcome to the country. Anyway, i didn't catch the clown.. cos i myself is completely out of breath... uuuhhh... 25km carrying dslr is wrong... but i think i'll do just that again probably next year.. :p

kindly click the tiny ad to support me~ thanx~