Saturday, June 21, 2008

988 outdoor broadcast

Anyone here witness radio's station's outdoor broadcasting before? I for one didn't, I've heard about 988FM djs mentioned about this yesterday and since I'm working I gave it a miss.

Notice the speakers at the side

Today I kinda passed the area and with my curiosity I crossed the road from Prangin Mall to the opposite site which is Komtar's area.

The station's road runner crew's car

988FM's Mobile Broadcasting studio

The little 'box' of mobile broadcasting studio was quite small, initially I thought they will have a tent setup and the djs will be seated there below the shade to do the broadcasting but hey, they have this kinda small but neat looking mobile studio.

The DJs in action

I'm also curious of one thing, whether the broadcast was really 'live' or not, meaning whatever that is said is actually aired immediately. So as I emerged from the car park, I tuned in my radio and heard their voices, as I approached the scene I can hear their speakers broadcasting the show also.

lots of onlookers

I still couldn't really tell if it's real time cos I think they will have a 'safe' 1 or 2 minutes or probably more in case listeners who called in their respective shows said something that cannot be broadcasted to the listeners.

The back of the mobile station, 2 air conditioner keeping the cool DJs cooler

Walked to the back of the station to snap up a picture. The have the Chinese word saying "Ha! you dunno? tune in to 988FM lets you know more".

This picture shows the 3 DJs of the weekly morning show - "hello, good morning" every weekdays 6am - 10am. "2 guys n 1 gal and a mobile station"

I've been listening to their show for almost like half a year now and I must say it's kinda good. FM94.5 for Penang. Those who are interested can check them out, the morning shows have lots of wonderful topic like they'll pick forumers who posted their relationship problems and discuss on it and also another part would be some inspirational stories and how to survive in your job.

Later on they even invited Penang's Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng to their show too but that time I was already at home so didn't get to see him. That's all for this round...

P/S: they look kinda like er... weird... being watched inside a box by pedestrians... hahaha.

No comments:

kindly click the tiny ad to support me~ thanx~