Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tabebuia Rosea a.k.a. 风铃木 @ Penang 2009

I'm not sure if its cos I've bought my camera this year that I'm starting to pay more attention to my surrounding but there seems to be a certain type of tree (Tabebuia Rosea - originated from Mosco, North America and other countries) that blooms beautiful pink and white flowers. If seen from afar it'll be like Japan's Sakura trees. It's really really awesome.

A friend of mine told me that there's this row of trees around Bayan Lepas area, I went there on my way to gym and true... it was a remarkable sight to behold. never thought I'd see this scenery here but it's really really good. Emails started to circle prompting the same thing as well..

Soon, a bunch of us organized a short photo session during lunch time last week and snap these beauties ^^.

I went on 1 more round on saturday as I was not really satisfied with the 1st shooting as it was quite rushed. :)
These trees can also be seen around other part of Penang as well, i think Gelugor is another part of it... somewhere in front of Queensbay mall too...

Enjoy some of the photos I've taken below in case you've missed it, they look pretty much out of flowers by now.. :p

P/S: Next year we'll be back to snap more of it ^^ and hopefully Penang Government can plant more of these trees along popular tourists destination such as along Gurney drive, Penang youth park, not sure if Penang Botanical Garden has these trees or not. : )

*Click on each individual photos for larger version!

No comments:

kindly click the tiny ad to support me~ thanx~