Monday, September 01, 2008

When 2 souls comes together - Aun Soon's wedding

Cheese for the newly wed!

Attended my good ol' college's pal - Aun Soon's wedding lunch on 31st Aug 2008. Got a call earlier of the week from him inviting me over to the lunch. He asked me to help out to send invitation out to some of our college mates and so I did. Mailed a couple of friends but a lot of them said it was too short notice as it was on the Sunday of the next week which is only 5 - 6 days apart. Well, I have no particular appointment or events that I couldn't risk cancelling off for this event and so I went on.

here's the DIY GPS

Followed the map that he gave me, I drew it on a piece of paper and went straight out. I'm not that familiar with the road outside Penang but I did travelled there last time on assignment from my previous company so I roughly know 50% of the road leading towards the restaurant.

Golden Phoenix Seafood Restaurant

Went on with my guts and the trusty map, as soon as I've reached the cross junction near Auto City, I wipped out the map and held it on my hand on top of my steering wheel (kids dun try this at home). As I looked out for turnings and traffic lights I turn my map accordingly just as a map like a GPS! wahhahahaa... human-gps I was... and frankly, the map was quite accurate and with my superior navigation skills, I've reached the destination with over 50mins to spare. Called Aun Soon and waited for him to arrive while I took a nap inside my car under a shade.

Lots of people... all whom I never met... I think there's only like... 3% of the people here that I knew..

Soon, HY arrived behind my car and there A.S. was around 12:30pm in his coat looking at his best. : ) Went out of the car with HY and approached the restaurant. We're among the earliest bunch, went in and sat down in one of the few tables allocated for us. I chose the one near to A.S.'s table to have a good view of the center stage as well.

There's 2 projectors and slide on each side of the center stage displaying the photos of A.S.'s wedding photo album

After awhile, I saw my other college pal - Boon Kong as well. boy oh boy, time sure flies... its been like.. let's see.... over 6 years since we last met during diploma years. Chatted a while with him while waited for the event to kick start.

Around 1something, the MC announced the official starting of the event and each of us stood up, clapped and welcomed the newly weds : ) yay... quite frankly my tummy agreed too and start growling all over the place.. hahahhaa ..

Well, unfortunately I didn't take any of the photos of the food but I did snapped some of the events that took place. Have a look below :

z

Group photo

Center stage, a lady who sang some nice tunes for us while we're enjoying the food

Well, even A.S.'s twin brother went up stage and sang 2 songs.. his voice is very much like A.S. hahaha.. talk about twins

Champagne pouring ceremony

More...

They're forced to kiss each other for 10secs straight after A.S.'s colleagues shouted and requested for it... haha

the cross-arm champagne drinking ceremony.. not sure how to say it in English... I just came up with that term. hehehe

Yum Seng part with their family members

Yum Seng shout part 2

Yum Seng shout cont. part 3 (with my cup and 'good' sign)

In the end, Aun Soon also went on stage and sang 2 songs to entertain the crowd, seeing that he's a talented musician himself... what would the lunch be without him participating in the singing.. hehehe...



See that guy who looks so familiar with A.S? its his twin brother : )

Last but not least, a Warmest and heartiest CONGRATULATIONS to Aun Soon and his wife!!!

P/S: some of the 'clearer' shots were taken by H.Y.'s N82... over my cacat hp camera.. hahahaha... thanks!

No comments:

kindly click the tiny ad to support me~ thanx~