Thursday, April 17, 2008

Lunch at TGI-Friday's QB

Today our team members got treated a wonderful lunch at TFI Friday's Queensbay Mall. No one knows the exact occasion for this event but then I guess it was probably like an appreciation lunch. Organizers were our director, team manager and team leads.

We were given an individual budget of RM47 excluding tax to order from TGI's menu.

Started driving out at 11:30am and reached around 11:50am.


We ordered drinks each and since what I've ordered is RM39.90, i get around RM7 to spend for drink. I ordered Coke Light which is bottomless and came in 'can' form. The kind waiter even opened the can and filled my cup for me. Nice service.








Since the food takes some time to prepare, some of us with camera or bother to snap some photos with camera phone started to take pictures. Seen here are some of the wacky gang members. Including our famous 'Leng Ong' (Cold King) on the right who's famous with his ever 'cold jokes'.








This picture shows the infamous 'V' brothers striking their trademark pose. V for Vendetta!












My Lead on the right, manager and the center end of the table and our director just beside her.

Everyone is chatting and awaiting for their food to be served.









Initially I've ordered Jack Daniel's Salmon but then later on my lead passed the latest menu to us, I saw there's this 3 course meal. So I changed my set to this on the last minute.










While waiting and waiting, one of the appetizer that our colleague ordered came first. It was the..er... let me recall. Ultimate Nachos! hahaha, I wanted to taste it first then realized he said there's beef in it so I'll pass. The center 2 scoop of thing.. at first I thought they were ice creams... turn out it's some sort of cream and or mashed potatoes to go along with the Nachos. =.=!! my god... like 'sua pa'... luckily not many ppl heard I blurred out the word 'ice cream!' while pointing to it.



Finally! My first course arrived! Presenting... the shrimp martini! Wow... looks very very appetizing indeed. Well, after tasting it... it really was! Highly recommended. First time having 'martini' and first time having it 'Shrimp' style.

Let a few of close by friends taste it. Some plucked a few of the shrimps away while other shy soul simply dipped their fork inside to taste the gravy. Was tomato gravy if not mistaken.

I kinda stared and admire the thing a minute or 2 before I decided to eat them instead.

Close up shot where I was about to dig in. If you have nice observation skill, you'll notice the slice of lime was disappeared from this shot as I thought I give them a squeeze ...and a squeeze it aint but a whole 4 - 5 squeezes of the thing all into the glass.

And when I taste it... ouch! sour! LOL.. how silly but I kinda like it. Sour tomato martini shrimp!

Good one guys, highly recommended! Maybe you would like to just squeeze or skip the lime.


This wasn't suppose to be in here but I can't help notice that the drink my friend ordered has a slice of banana on the side of her cup! i understand they do this for strawberry, lime, orange... but banana??? =.=''









Okay, next.. presenting my Entree.. i forgot what was the name but it was something like chicken tomato pasta. Never really eaten any pasta before and after this I won't be a big fan of pasta yet... but look at the thing... I understand the pasta but... what's with the 2 slices of toasted bread poked in at that angle??

Looks to me like Hello Kitty or something... those slices of meat was chicken... which taste rather bland for me. I gotta steal some of my friend's Jack Daniel's sauce to go with the chicken. But this meal was very very very filling. I was having trouble finishing the bread... but seeing how I mentioned about food wastage just a while ago, I decided to kinda force.. yes.. force them into my stomach.. urgh. Not tasty at all.... not so recommended entree.

Last but not least is the Mocha mud pie (forgot the exact name) desert! But after reading the description... I've decided to give it a go! And as you can see on the picture, the thing looked kinda mutilated. Its because I've asked my friends to eat it first cos I was still busy stuffing the 2 slices of bread inside. And by the time I finished them and took this photo, it was half way done already. They kept praising the thing and before I put it into my mouth I already knew I've made the right choice. It's reaaaaaallyyyyyy nice! Go taste it when you have the chance next time! Highly recommended! ^^

After everyone's done with their food, here comes the interesting bit. Our friend Steven on the left has an upcoming birthday and they decided to do a small celebration for him in da house! haha, they summoned the TGIF's crew and there was like 8 or 9 crew gather all up there. They asked him to stand on top of the chair and one of them handed him the baby bottle and asked him to pretend it was a microphone. He was asked to sing a song which he reluctant to but in the end just sang some 3 lines of lyrics.



Here's shot at some of the crew gathered around to give him some jingle and shoutouts.












They even have a small slice of cake for him with 1 candle lit up. They've asked him to blow it
from where he was standing and it was quite a range... he didn't even try, one of our friend just help him blew it and get it done. Guess either he was being a good buddy or he can't stand the wait no more. LOL, i like to think of the latter...







Overall, a good good experience. Good appetizer and dessert for me but not so nice entree. Thanks for reading!















Last but not least... presenting the 'W' wonder brothers! with latest member... Leng Ong!

Cheers! ^^




No comments:

kindly click the tiny ad to support me~ thanx~