Saturday, April 26, 2008

Visible trash and hidden treasures

I've finally decided its time to change the arrangement and decoration of my room as I have plenty of free time a few more days ahead.

I started out by measuring my room's size, my bed and my cabinet which were one of those bigger objects inside the room. After the measurements were in, kinda sketched the new arrangement and made checking to see if its possible. Next, as I have a lot of 'excessive' things lying around (magazines, boxes, models, books just to name a few of them) I decided that in order for me to move things around... some have to go.

I decided to move some of the things into a cabinet which was under utilized as there were a lot of boxes and er..well, other stuff inside and the cabinet was not used in its full 'potential'. It has 6 section each with removable metal pins to support the wooden planks. It was 4 previously as 2 of the planks were stacked on top of one another so that the bottom part is larger than the rest for me to push those unwanted or lazy to organize things out of sight for as long as I could. heh heh... I shift them and re-stack the planks so it went back to 6 sections and although smaller it could contain more items and appeared to be much more organized than previously.

The star of the day, when the going gets though, Wonder Cloth saves the day!

Ironically, as I was taking out the old stuff I found a kind of 'cloth'. The package suggested that it can be used as a multipurpose cleaning cloth in the house. Well, good that's what I needed (it's made in England too, u dun see a lot of 'made in England' cloth lying around the house). I decided to test it and boy, after using it to wipe off dusts and stain for close to 5 hours.. it's pretty tough and when I went to clean it regularly between wipes I'm surprise to say that the dusts and stains came off pretty easily compared to those cheap cloths that I used previously... I shall now call it... da 'Wonder Cloth~'. hahahahaha...

My collection... cost me a bomb too!

Next up, arranged a lot of my models which were displayed outside on my tv cabinet and some my PC table as there weren't any more room. Pretty satisfied with the outcome.

You know the good thing to give your room a scrub or two every now and then is that it's free from those dusts that might be hazardous in the long run if we were to breath most of them in. It's a good exercise too mind u. And as the title of this post suggest, I do find a lot of unwanted things lying around and threw them away in a jiffy. I sneezed a lot during the 5 hours cleaning... man.. those dusts.... uugh..

The Lord of the Rings - Trading Card Game... found some of them and decided to keep them as their quantity were lesser than Magic the Gathering and has prettier art! love the game!

One particular thing that got me think twice before handing it to the bin was the trading card - Magic the gathering. Not sure if you guys heard it b4 or not, spent quite a fortune on this hobby last time... I think a few thousand to be exact. It's sooo addictive like I'm on crack or something, luckily I got off the habit of buying and playing as the bag containing all our binders and cards were stolen from my friend's car as a thief broke in some years ago. It sure rid us of the hobby for good! hahahaha... talking about going pro Bloon! hahahahahha... we're all settled by that thief.. well actually kinda owe it to him/ her too.

The unwanted trash (kinda like throwing away $$$...)

Well, as for hidden treasures... I dunno bout u guys but everytime I do spring cleaning I do encounter some hidden things that brings back a lot of memories (e.g. Photos, toys, CDs) that sometimes tucked away in places we forgotten where we put them in the first place.

Well, A few more cleaning and I'm all set for re-arrangement and 'renovation' of my room! The theme of this time is 'Simplicity'.

P/S: 1 thing's for sure though, this was not the first major spring cleaning I've done for my room... everytime a lot of thing goes into the trash but I'm happy to say up till the next cleaning event things didn't get more.. I didn't throw away stuff just to get more stuff to fill in the room.

Optimus Prime saying Good Night! sleeps with my National Geographic magazines...

Check back for more updates!

No comments:

kindly click the tiny ad to support me~ thanx~