Monday, July 07, 2008

Blossom @ A2 Gallery

A2 Gallery, the mood is just right for an art gallery visit! about to rain... haha

Hmm, let's see... when exactly was the last time I've been to an art gallery. Well, I think like never? haha.. and so this is my first visit to an art gallery.

Titled: Blossom

Went with my friend last Saturday, for an alternate view at the scene you can visit her blog here. Blossom or so it was titled is actually a charity art exhibition, meaning all or partial I'm not that sure of the sale of those art pieces will be donated for Soroptimist International Penang for charity purposes.

At first glance, the map isn't drawn in er... user friendly kinda way, it was small, small wording, small roads with a lot of unwanted branches of smaller roads in between... but then with my understanding therefore I've successfully decipher the map! phew... (yeah, I'm a Penangites.. lol)

Notice the old grill decoration of the door and window

The gallery was situated inside one of the terrace old building renovated and painted in white. I do drive pass this street but barely pay attention to the surroundings.

Please sign in... Enter your user name and password...

The rest is tour around the gallery, have a look.. I'll give some brief description of each piece I post here...

The first center piece that greeted us was this... it's kinda huge as you can see it occupied almost the entire wall

Well, er... some other paintings that I took in from side angle trying to express my artistic side~

This piece is quite special, as you can see from the blurry background.. there's actually 1 tiny butterfly at the bottom of the piece flying towards the flower. I think its titled buttery and flower

you know those oil paintings, well a closer inspection reveals that they actually use some kinda paste in different color to paint the painting. Notice the bulging here and there? pretty cool although I'm not that into abstract oil paintings.

There are a few door which can lead outside to other small area such as 1 side door which leads to Garden Room with the word imprinted on the glass door, kinda neat

On more on 1st floor which leads to a balcony - Balcony Rest, sadly the door was locked and I couldn't go outside

Last one from the side of the building which is 'Garden Terrace', can see the Siam temple structure nearby

Found this piece of art near the toilet area... this guy appeared to have 10packs! omg... is that even possible?

Ahh, the 3 piece set which I think are linked together from left to right, right? Looks Like corals

One of my favourite piece, looks Japanish

This one as well, just beside the one on top

Almost all of the art pieces are accompanied by this tiny insert which shows the artist's name, art title, size, type of painting, year it was painted and price as well.. hmmm, when would I be able to paint something worth RM6k...

There's a table on the side of the staircase which gives away some brochures and invitation card for other exhibition as well... grabbed a few of them, looks exquisite~!

Staircase leading up to 1st floor, more arts!

Hmm, it saids I miss you... a lot of them... kinda neat. The artist must have missed someone dearly while painting this

'Good Bye Astroboy' or so it was called

Last but not least, here's an interesting piece. The type of material used are a mixture of cloth, paint and i think color paper too. Can you spot them?

That's just about it, for those who are interested take note of the details:

Blossom
a Charity Art Exhibition
for Soroptimist International Penang
1st July 2008 - 18th July 2008
10am - 8pm, closed on Tuesday

Thank you and have a nice day! :)

4 comments:

DeParadise said...

哇。。。不用去画廊都可以看见那么多的作品。。。但是。。。画廊可以让人拍照的吗? Anyway... Thanks for sharing... They are good...

yuki tenshi said...

ah ha!
finally ur artistic post is up...
ada link to my site...
arigato..~~

Kit Keat Bar said...

:) yeah, I was surprised that nobody stopped me when I took those photos. Free publicity ma.. hahahhaha...

Yala, went together... post together ma si link to u lo, XD

yuki tenshi said...

yaya... i oso link to u le...

ah ha! i caught a glimsp of my hand in 1 of the pic... =P~

kindly click the tiny ad to support me~ thanx~