Sunday, July 06, 2008

Appreciation dinner - Hai Boey Seafood Restaurant

I've been treated to a lovely seafood dinner at Hai Boey seafood restaurant around Batu Maung there. It was quite a distance from our company but hey, I'm not the driver... just a guest. haha, no complaints there. Took us a while to figure out the place after a loss by following the sign board. But we got to the place eventually after a bit of guidance.

Normally seafood restaurants around Penang are located just beside seashore and this is not exception. Took some photos around the area while waiting for others and the meal to arrive.

There's a big tree just by the sea and they hanged some swings for your swinging pleasure

A view to the open horizon

It has been a while since I last set foot near Penang beach, a sense of freedom

Ordered my V-Soy soya bean

Hmmm, the prawn called "heh gor" in hokkien. Let's see... 1 for RM28, not something I'll eat every now and then

Some of the tanks holding the catch to be cooked instantly to maintain freshness

The er... 'lala' or should I say clam? cooked in sweet and sour sauce, nice!

Err, if not mistaken this is the cucumber stuffed with some kinda meat or something, excuse me... not a big fan, just put 1 into my mouth and forgotten bout it =_=!

Ahh, any guess what these are? probably not cos the pic's quite small. It's the "heh gor" prawns worth RM28 per piece I showed above. cut in little chunks... the expensive dish! taste okay cos not really interested in it

Next comes the fish, in curry... sorry again, I didn't really bothered with the name... just show u guys the clay pot it was in, this is the lower part of the fish as according to the staff, the fish was too big to be put into a single pot so we gotta have it splitted up to 2 pots

This is the "pai kut ong" a.k.a. pork rib cooked in sweet sauce, the meat was quite tender

ahhh, the main dish of any seafood outing! the Crabs... crabs are served into 2 plates of 1 natural flavour and 1 more in Thai sauce

Ppersonally I prefer Thai sauce cos it gets rid of the smelly flavour but then again you can't really taste the 'natural/smelliness' of the crab cooked in Thai sauce

Vegetable, plain and simple

Hor fun.... the largest plate ever served to me... of cos I gave it a pass as I didn't like eating it so can't really comment on the taste but the rest of the people did finish most of the plate somehow so I guess its probably good

Overall a great treat by YS, WH, Felicia & HP!

P/S: Felicia actually help me took the last photo and it appears a bit dark as my phone's camera has no flash and later on we did shot a nicer one which I won't post here but on my facebook later on. Thanks Felicia for the help on some other photos of the dishes too! An able assistant! kakaka... Peace!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for your compliment, you look like men in black in this photo

Kit Keat Bar said...

hmmm, u must be mor gu chan? :D

Anonymous said...

muahahaha... MIB.:P
Next time go buy camera phone with FLASH lah ;)

Anyway, hai buey may like to thank you to help them promoting their food.
Personally me think their food are too salty >_<

寻梦的女孩 said...

yum yum, guide me how to go...anyway, nice photo ler..

kindly click the tiny ad to support me~ thanx~