Saturday, May 23, 2009

Negative energy

WARNING! do not read if you dun want such negative post to affect your weekend in anyway, else pls proceed...

Lately I felt more n more negative energies flowing around office area, well at least around my team. I'm not sure what caused this, perhaps it's only my imagination.. but then I sense something's wrong. Most of the team mates rushing for 1 major project which they had been hard at work for quite some time.. and by hard i mean really hard.. good job guys.

And around the office there's generally 3 types of people i can see :-
1) HARDCORE - Will stop at nothing and will do everything to get things done.. mean, iron-fist ruling involved.
2) LAZY - Likes to push things around, delay things, play taichi and show you the sleepy face and test your patience.. in short. A stone.
3) NORMAL - Will work and finish up tasks at hand or at the very least do their best to get things done and not to act in either one of the 1st or 2nd category.

Well, I would say I'm under the 3rd category.. hey.. all of the people who work around me can judge me to see if u'd agree okay?

My principle is quite simple, u give me work, i do my best to complete them. But there are a "certain individual" who likes to talk back bout you... at your back.. I've been complaint a lot. Actually every since the 3rd day I've been here, me and PNee have both been complained a lot of times.. about all sort of things... talk too loud, talk non work related stuff, open facebook during work.. and for the record, i didnt open up facebook during work, it could probably be that 1 time that people sent me link in email about their wedding video and it happened to be in facebook and i've clicked that link during work.. okay..so that's my fault.. and lately, i've got to know that "someone" complained i talked rudely on the phone with my China users. Wow.. just Wow... u know what? I could give that "someone" those users that i'm dealing with all this while.. with their names and phone extension numbers.. and "someone" can contact them directly 1 by 1 and asked them if i did talk to them rudely or not? if yes, I apologize immediately in front of everyone to that "someone"... and if not? well, could that "someone" do the same? say sorry to me in front of everyone else? and promise me never ever ever the repeat that same thing again either to me or anyone else? enough with the backstabbing or power exerting.

Rulling with iron fist during work just because your position is higher than us will only make people afraid of you, sick of you, and temporily... of cos u get things done.. but in the long run? wow... u'd make a lot of enemies... congrats. I still think the kinder approach will earn u respect and people or subordinates will be more than willing to go that extra miles for you... any given day. I'm not asking "someone" to be sissy or talk softly..certainly no.. but i will not tolerate barbaric approach. My dad is a manager, and as i grew up.. i heard stories of how he treated his subordinates.. of cos at times with the approach i've stated above. But as i came to this society and work under certain bosses, i knew this approach is not going to work. I told my dad to change himself... slowly but surely... he did. This you can save yourself the anger.. which will lead to boiling blood pressure shooting high up the sky which can lead to a lot of health problem like heart attack... and 2nd of all.. people will respect you if you put yourself at the same level as them and work together... not above them.

Ok so up till this point, i have no idea who that "someone" was.. i can only make certain guesses... either MsA or MsB. fine... i can't change them... but i can change myself.. or i can change my surroundings..

Sorry for venting that out of my chest, it feels better. And at times like this, it's good to have some nice pair of ears beside you. thanks to some of my friends for their comforting and enlightening words. :)

P/S: I'll get back to my "normal" posts after this.. hahahahha. sorry n thanks for bearing with me...

3 comments:

Shang Yih said...

tell me ... i help you to head-shot him/her ... ^o^

Kit Keat Bar said...

wah... good.. if only i know who that was.. :p

nvm... kam siah u first..

CM said...

Work Fun !!!

kindly click the tiny ad to support me~ thanx~