Saturday, May 30, 2009

Penang International Dragon Boat festival 2009

Just last week at 24th May 2009, we went to Teluk Bahang Dam where the they have this dragon boat rowing competition.

I never really been to the dam before except went pass it when I was having an "Island Tour" with my friends on bike where we would travel around the Penang Island on bike and we'd pass through the dam.

It was big.. and the weather is scorchingly hot! Felt like I was having sun burn.. anyway, just took a few shots and since my lens can't zoom too far and we're not allowed to go any nearer to the docks... i didnt really took any good shots of the dragon boats itself. but it was okay, as the boat was not that pretty as I'd imagine them to be. it's just an ordinary boat with an ordinary looking dragon head at the front.

Overall, if u didnt go.. no .. u didnt miss a lot. there was hardly any cheering when any of the boat won the round of the competition... they just row and row and pass the finish line and that's it.

-_-!
I think i shot the environment more than the event itself.. LOL..

P/S: click on each photo for a large version. If you like this, please click on the advertisement on the right side below under [Please Click Me] & [Pls click n show support~] to follow this blog. Thanks!

No comments:

kindly click the tiny ad to support me~ thanx~