Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Windows 7 Beta RC1

It has a set of really funky wallpaper for Windows...

I'm a windows user for quite a while now ever since i departed from the days of Dos. It has been windows 3.1 briefly but then moved till XP.

I didn't even use Vista... I was excited because it seemed that Microsoft has came up with something that looks pretty and user friendly to their arc rival - Apple inc.'s Mac OSX. I was skeptical, I tried Vista for the sake of testing it out, sure it has fancy effects and a freshier look for the next gen, but it wasn't quite the thing that would make me switch. drivers compatibilities, the constant bugging of windows that prompted u for authority to execute a certain programs, etc... no no.. and I'm not the only one...

Hence Microsoft came out with something... Windows 7 to replace Vista. If you look at it, Vista has only been out like for.. 2 years? correct me if i'm wrong but dun u think this is a bit fast to release a newer OS? I was hesitated to try out the first Beta release of Windows 7... from the screenshots it looked exactly almost 90% the same as Vista...

but something changed my mind, as I've visited numerous technology sites which previews the beta built, words of compliment impressed me to give this OS a try which I did and I found out that Microsoft actually released the RC1.

Click HERE to get your own copy, u'll have to burnt the .ISO image into a DVD or i'm not sure perhaps you could mount the image and install as well?

I've been using it for the past 1 hour and now typing out this blog in IE8 in Windows 7 and I must say, I am IMPRESSED. The speed is there, the visual effects is there... just some hiccups on the javaruntime I have yet to install for IE.

Give it a try, I think i'm gonna actually look forward to the release this coming months. : )

They finally changed mspaint! LOL

It'll be interesting to see what Apple will shows out with their latest OSX built - Snow Leapord which is coming out this year as well... A little competition is good : ) heh heh...

P/S: warning, you may try this and have it installed till next year, but I've heard that it will force you to shutdown every 2 hours... i have yet to reach that to be able to confirm but do it as your 2ndary OS for now. thank you!

P/S: click on each photo for a large version. If you like this, please click on the advertisement on the right side below under [Please Click Me] & [Pls click n show support~] to follow this blog. Thanks!

No comments:

kindly click the tiny ad to support me~ thanx~